Tuesday, February 5, 2013

"Chemistry is between the ears."

"Just because you don't feel an instant 'click' with someone, doesn't mean you aren't compatible. Unless the guy's a rude, obnoxious jerk, give him three dates to see how you like him."

That was the best advice anyone has ever given me. I don't know what took me so long to get it, but I'm glad I finally did because I'm the happiest I've ever been and for the first time in my life, I feel truly, honestly loved by a man. I'm talking about my new husband, Tony, of course. We've been married one month and one day today.

I did not feel an instant attraction to Tony, nor did fireworks go off when he met me. (Though he did say that he thought I was very pretty... because he knew what was good for him, probably, Ha!) But we gave each other a chance and the most wonderful thing happened: we fell in love with each other's hearts, brains, integrity, and character.

So, basically, what I'm saying is that if you're alone and you're tired of being alone, give people a chance that you aren't immediately attracted to. You know all that "spark" is is just hormones telling you that you have a good chance of producing healthy offspring with the strongest chance for survival, right? Sparks aren't love. Lust isn't love. You don't love somebody just because they fit a certain physical mold you prefer. True love can only happen with trust, with respect, with knowing that your heart is safe with this person and all of this takes time.

2 comments:

  1. heyyy lisaaa..always nice to hear fm u..as i consider one of my best friends..a true wellwisher and it is mutual..nice post buddy..plz keep this blog alive as v all luv u...best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ramesh! I hope you are having a wonderful week. I also consider you one of my best friends. Always supportive and encouraging and bringing me cheer. Namaste XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. - Anais Nin

So, speak your mind. I appreciate you very much! Namaste