Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What do secure, emotionally stable women want?

Nevermind trying to figure out what the insecure, emotionally unstable woman wants. I've been that woman before and I can tell you that you will never know because they don't even know. Just do yourself a favor and give up now.

The secure, emotionally stable woman on the other hand, knows exactly what she wants. Specifics traits that are nice to have, like the same taste in music or whatever, differ with each individual woman, but there are some basic qualities that every sound, healthy woman wants from her mate.

A few examples (in no particular order):


  • The Truth. (We can handle it!)
  • Respect.
  • To be ourselves and be accepted just as we are.
  • Accountability.
  • Responsibility.
  • Ability and desire to commit.
  • Problem solving skills.
  • To be wanted.
  • To be heard.
  • To be supported, emotionally. If I want to go back to school, you should be happy for me and encourage me.


I lucked out when I met my husband, Tony. He does all of this. He *is* all of this -- and so much more. What I have now is worth every bad relationship I've every had, every tear I've ever shed, and the years spent alone just trying to find myself and figure it all out. I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life! :-)

2 comments:

  1. So very, very, very happy for you! And Tony!

    Also a belated happy birthday. I've been off Facebook for over a month so I didn't get a reminder. Hope you enjoyed some gluten-free cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carla. The internet as a whole must be all wonky because I haven't been getting many notifications from FB or Blogger.

      I ♥ you!

      Delete

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. - Anais Nin

So, speak your mind. I appreciate you very much! Namaste