Friday, October 21, 2016

No more apologies

Just briefly scanned my Blogger reading list, which I have not done in a very long time, and I noticed a sort of theme: y'all need to stop apologizing for how long it's been since you posted last. Seriously. 

I have been guilty of doing this in the past, noting exactly how long it's been since my last post and apologizing profusely for my weak blog-game...I guess because, in the past, my mode had been to feel constant guilt for not being able to make everybody happy (I blame the patriarchy). But then I woke up one day and said fuck it. I will not apologize for being so all-consumed with other happenings in my life and you shouldn't either!

So, if it's been awhile since you have blogged, forgive yourself. You owe us nothing. Post when you can, and we will totally understand. We know you have a life, and it makes us happier than shit to know that you are so busy living that you don't have time to blog. Also, chances are that we have also been busy, too busy to notice that you've been too busy to blog. We eventually connect again, and when we do, it is special.

Love to all of you.

P.S. I do hope you forgive me for not being here, though. And also for my potty mouth; it's been an f-bomb kind of day/week/year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. - Anais Nin

So, speak your mind. I appreciate you very much! Namaste